I would like to extend many thanks to gahlearner from Flights of Fancy, and Linda from Sofia Wisdom of the Ages for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award! I was notified by these two lovely bloggers in September and October, only two weeks apart. Receiving two nominations in such a short time was very, very encouraging and a pleasant surprise since my blog is so new!
The One Lovely Blog Award recognizes blogs considered to be lovely, written by bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. The nominees are chosen by fellow bloggers, and the nominations are presented to new and up-and-coming bloggers. The purpose of the award is to not only give recognition, but to help the new blogger reach more viewers as well.
If nominated, in order to “accept” the award, you must follow these guidelines:
* Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
* Add the One Lovely Blog logo image to your acceptance post.
* Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
* Nominate about 15 (I have seen 10 as a suggestion as well) bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
With that, here are my nominations for the One Lovely Blog Award. Please take a little time to check out these lovely blogs and leave a comment or two. Each reflects the individuality of its creator, infused with their perspective, insight, and personality.
If any of my nominees decide not to accept the award because they’ve already received it or they just don’t want to participate, that’s fine too! I got a bit stressed trying to figure out who had already received the award, and this almost kept me from accepting it. Then I decided if I nominate someone a second time, oh well, it’s just another nice pat on the back saying good job! 🙂
If you are a nominee and decide to accept the award, you can use either one of the One Lovely Blog logo images above that were presented to me.
And don’t forget to check out Flights of Fancy and Sofia Wisdom of the Ages as well. Flights of Fancy might be taking a blogging break for a bit due to the loss of a very beloved pet, but there is plenty on this blog to keep you reading for a while with thoughts and personal perspectives on many different topics, one of which is MOOCS, Massive Open Online Courses. Sofia Wisdom of the Ages shares thoughts and perspectives as well. This blog also addresses aging, presenting the stories and wisdom of our current elders.
… and, I almost forgot… Seven facts about me…
1) Since 1989 I have had TV service for only five years; two in the 1990s and three in the aughts.
2) I like the Linux operating system, ubuntu. It’s free and open source. 🙂
3) I also like Macs. Windows irritates me.
4) I use GIMP to edit my photos. It’s also free and open source. 🙂 Maybe one day I’ll invest the big bucks, get Photoshop, and be mainstream.
5) I love animals and have always enjoyed having pets. At one point, though, it got out of control and, thanks to my daughter, I ended up with 27 pet rats.
6) I like to get out in my kayak every now and again. I don’t get to do this nearly as often as I would like. This summer it was not at all.
7) I have several food allergies and sensitivities, but still enjoy a variety of foods. I’ll give almost any food or dish a try.
I wish you all ~ the best!